Field Trip manual
Field Trip manual for students, coordinators and parents
- Age-appropriate activity sheets
- Parking information for school bus, personal vehicle
- School Bus to be parked outside the museum premises
- Personal vehicle, LMV can be parked in the basement parking area, provided space availability.
- Baggage drop-in counter information
- Backpacks to be deposited in the Baggage counter behind the box-office counter upon arrival.
- Lunch bags to be deposited in the designated classroom areas C1 and C2 on the first floor.
- What will be done upon entry to premises
- Children will be given wrist bands to wear on their wrist. If the bands do not fit their wrists, they can keep it in their pockets. This is to distinguish the school children from general visitors
- Students will be divided into groups of 20 each and assigned one tour guide to take them around.
- The students are to leave their lunch bags in the designated lunch area before entering the galleries.
- If the students wish to use the washrooms before starting the tour, the help staff, assigned to each group, are to assist the students.
- Assembly spaces
- The students are to assemble in front of the Sound Garden upon entry, from where they will be further divided into groups and taken around
- They will be further guided to assemble in the Performance Theater (Auditorium within the Lobby area)
- In the Performance Theatre, the students will have an introductory orientation session, followed by a guided tour.
- Each group will start from a different starting point i.e. Sound Garden, Specific galleries of the museum.
- What to bring on a field trip?
Please get your lunch bag, a small napkin, a small notebook and a pencil to write down your observations during the tour.
- What to wear for a field trip?
Please wear a full length uniform, to be comfortable during activities
- How to prepare children for field trips to art museums?
- Tips for coordinators:
- Please share the 1 min Fly-through video to parents and students.
- Please share the parent communication brochure
- Museum etiquette
- Always stick to your allocated groups and with your tour guide/volunteer
- Please keep your voices low and eyes-ears wide open!
- Look for signages to get help in the museum premises.
- Field Trip policies
- Please book your field trip well in advance (at least 2-3 weeks in advance)
- Please make the payment before the field trip(if you know the exact number of students) else latest on the day of the trip, before beginning the day.
- Please share a snapshot of the payment to email@example.com with your details such as Name of school, Date of visit, Number of students and extra accompanying teachers.
- For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment guidelines
- Payment is to be made on the day of the field trip, before the tour begins.
- Payment Modes:
- Payment at the box office counter at IME
- Cheque Payment. Please write to email@example.com to send you details for cheque payment