Job Role : Assistant Curator / Curatorial Assistant
- Organization: Indian Music Experience Museum, Bangalore
- Contract: Full-time position in Bangalore
- Deadline for applications: Sep 30, 2023
The Assistant Curator / Curatorial Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director and Curatorial Team in designing and delivering curatorial projects and exhibitions. You will play a key role in the design and execution of music-related exhibitions and projects, including the permanent exhibits at the museum that engage diverse audiences. Your responsibilities will include research, ideation, conceptualization, content writing, media production, outreach, and collaborating with internal departments for audience development and outreach. You will also help strengthen relationships with other arts organizations, artists, and collectors while also handling general administrative tasks and logistics for exhibitions.
- An advanced degree, preferably a Masters in art, art history, musicology, or music theory, with a strong background in the subject matter
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience with museums or arts organizations, showcasing a deep understanding of arts administration, museum management, curatorial practice, programming, and exhibition planning & development.
- Curatorial Experience: The ideal candidate should possess a solid foundation in curatorial practices and preferably archive management. Previous experience in curating exhibitions and handling archival materials within museums or arts organizations is essential.
- Research and Writing: The candidate must provide a comprehensive list of curated exhibitions and publications, including catalogs, articles, papers, or other relevant materials. This will serve as evidence of their expertise in research and academic
contributions to the field.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is a must, as effective communication is essential for collaborating with the team and engaging with diverse audiences. Knowledge of other languages, particularly Kannada and Hindi, will be considered an
advantage, facilitating interactions with local communities.
- A full-time contract, allowing the candidate to contribute to ongoing projects and exhibitions from the start.
- An engaging and dynamic work environment, fostering professional development and growth opportunities.
- Inclusion in a proactive team that values creativity, innovation, and a passion for preserving and celebrating Indian music heritage.
To apply please fill in the Google form here: https://forms.gle/DoqFMxdcNvejUF7N7