Collection of Information
- Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, for instance, you would not be able to make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information..
- While you are browsing through the Site, the Site's operating system may automatically record some general information ("General Information") about your visit such as:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website your were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- the type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version 'X')
- which 'hit' it is on the Site
- The General Information is not Personal Information. IME’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
- The General Information is used by IME for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in IME and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by IME with any person, at IME's discretion.
- "Cookies" are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browseron a visitor's computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor's computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the IME site.
- Types of Cookies
- Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor's browser closes is called a "session" cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called "persistent" cookies.
- Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
- To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
- Refusing Cookies on IME's Website:
- Usage of Information
- Personal information will be used by IME for internal purposes including the following:
- Sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, IME Annual Report, IME-in -Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by IME and other updates.
- Processing your donations to IME and Receipt for donations made by you to IME.
- Maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
- Evaluating and administering the Site and IME's activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- Disclosure of Personal Information by IME
- Within IME, access to Personal Information collected by IME will be given only to those persons who are authorised by IME and third parties hired by IME to perform administrative services. IME will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in IME's Database, processing donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. IME cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and IME will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- IME may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with IME, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with IME in any manner. IME will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- IME is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of IME.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and IME, IME reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect IME and it's property, to fufill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of IME.
IME endevours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information.IME however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information
- Links to other websites
- Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of IME and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of IME and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries and making a donation. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of IME. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to IME belong to their respective owners and are their property.
- Usage of Information